"How-to": Booking a Meeting Room (in Town Hall or Fire Dept)
- On your computer, open Google Calendar by opening any browser and going to https://calendar.google.com
- In the bottom right hand corner of the window, click + to create an event.
- Here you may add the following details to your event: Title, Location, Details, or even invite guests via their email address.
- If you have multiple calendars, choose the calendar where you want to add the event from the "Calendar" dropdown menu.
- To add book a Room you must add it to the event by clicking the 'Rooms' tab next to 'Guests'
- From here you may expand each location via the arrow shown and then select the room you would like to reserve
- Once you select a room, it will disappear from the list on the right and be added to the location of the Event. If you do not see a room in the list that you believe should be listed then room is most likely already booked for one or all of the dates you set your event to occur on.
- At the top right of the page, click the 'Save' button.
Note: If you don't see a Rooms, etc. link, you're probably using Calendar with a personal (or non shrewsburyma.gov) Google account. One very important thing you may want to include to assist our Maintenance Staff as well as yourself are detailed notes about special configuration (in regards to chairs, equipment, and layout).